Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spinal Contours




This image is a contour drawing focusing on the positioning of the spine. I looked at how the curvature of the spine effected the entire body positioning. It is interesting to see what absolutely essential role the spine plays in the movement of the body, and drawing that accurately sets up the entire drawing. The spine is not stiff and straight like a ruler, but it is sinuous and flexible, even when people are standing straight up. By really concentrating on this flowing, curving line, my drawings took on a more natural look in capturing positioning. I am really interested in learning more about the anatomy of the human body, because it is already making me look more critically at the human form in my drawing. It will continue to help me understand the underlying structure to see the little juts and curves as muscle and bone shaping the body. With my contour lines around the torso, I was trying to figure out the 3D roundness of the body. I am also just excited to be drawing again, and I think the human form is a very interesting subject to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment